"Djimon Hounsou took the role of Korath for the sake of his son: "I have a son who loves superheroes from Spider-Man to Iron Man to Batman. One day he looks at me and says ‘Dad, I want to be light-skinned so I could be Spider-Man. Spider-Man has light skin.’ That was sort of a shock."
This happens all the time.
I’m no social blogger at all, but this hit way too close to home.
Shouts out to you Mr. Hounsou.
Nkhensani and Kulani Lebese wanted their wedding to be all about, “Celebration, Love, Commitment and Happiness,” and that is just what these middle school sweethearts achieved. Even though rain forced them to move their outdoor ceremony inside at the last minute, this optimistic couple still held on to hope that the clouds would dissipate. Indeed, the sun began to shine and they were able to…
- don’t ever feel bad for asking me to tag a trigger
- i do not care what the trigger is
- i will tag it for you
- you have legitimate reasons to be triggered by it
- and i am not one to question those reasons
- so just send me an ask
- anonymous if you’re scared
- and i will tag it all the time in future
- your wellbeing is worth twenty extra seconds of my time at least
things i learned in ancient greek art today:
- Achilles had a gay lover
- Zeus had a boy toy that he thought was pretty so he snatched him up and made him into his wine bitch and kept him under his throne on olympus always
- there was a woman who wanted to be a man so Poseidon changed her sex and then made him impervious to metal weapons to boot
- They made Aphrodite marry a lame and ugly guy and to retaliate she slept with everyone, but mostly Ares.
sounds like high school
The Power of Our Presence: Black Women in Hollywood 2014
Features: Laz Alonso Angela Bassett. Carmen Ejogo and more
i need to stop seeing this shit come up on my dashboard. stop mimicking “black men” when you invoke predatory sexuality. recognize it and stop doing it. recognize the part youre playing in perpetuating the deadly myth of the black male rapist.
and read this: "Rape, Racism and the Myth of the Black Rapist" from Angela Davis’s Women Race and Class
THANK YOU FOR COMPILING THESE, OP. This fucking shit.
I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS FOR SO FUCKING LONG
THIS IS WHAT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SAYING AND THAT THIS IS ALL HELLA ANTIBLACK
But you know what ANNOYS ME, the amount of Non-Balck men that will us Black customs/Black culture to “celebrate” or boost their masculinity and sexuality. I’m going to need y’all to stop as well because you’re just boosting the myth
happy international womens day!!!!! some ladies dancin’!!!!